Updated: Apr 9
Do you suffer from anxiety?
Use my easy 5 step method I call The 5 R's:
1. Reframe: how I choose to "think" of my fears/anxiety. Name the fear, tell your mind this is just anxiety an emotion, and not a danger to my life.
2. Relax: allow yourself to feel the emotion, Breathe deeply in thru your nose and slowly exhale out thru your mouth.
3. Remind: Yourself of successful ways you have used in the past to calm your anxiety,
4. Reward: Don't let achievements go unnoticed. When you have been courageous, faced a fear or achieved a goal whether big or small- celebrate your success. Whether a mental "high-five", take time to do something you enjoy or spoil yourself with a little splurge in some small way.
5. Record: It is a good idea to track what seems to “trigger” your anxiety, this will help in management and minimizing anxiety episodes